The ProEx Food Berry Destalker is made to remove stems, stalks and leaves from already frozen berries, while maintaining the integrity of the individual pieces.
- The frozen berries are fed to the hopper
- They then fall through the breaking chamber
- Rotating shafts break apart clumps
- A screw conveyor moves the berries through a slotted sieve
- Impurities exit through holes into a collection chamber
The PXFODS6 adds a cylindrical rotary sieve in PXF ODS6 that significantly improves the destalking efficiency. This also reduces clogs and the downtime to clean those out.