Our floretter automates what is traditionally an intense, manual process.
Depending on the product (broccoli or cauliflower), variable knife assemblies are configured for your floretter.
- To optimize process speed, it is advisable to first remove all external leaves
- The size of the final segments of cauliflower/broccoli depends on the depth to which the knives cut into the product
- The same system determines the correct knife assembly required for each individual flower / head
- Special construction of the conveyor belt allows the product to travel into the cutting chamber individually
- Each segment of the conveyor consists of a “nest” in which each flower is placed manually
- Sensors automatically detect size and applies the appropriate knife cut
- Florettes are discharged either into a designated container or to a conveyor for further processing
- The stems are dropped into a side chute where they are either collected in a container or removed by a conveyor